Shell is one of the world’s largest independent energy companies. We explore for and produce oil and gas worldwide, both from conventional fields and from sources such as shales and deep water. We work to develop new oil and gas supplies and have a global network of refineries and chemical plants. Shell transports and trades oil, gas and other energy-related products, such as electricity and carbon-emission rights. Our New Energies business, which we created in 2016, invests in commercial opportunities linked to the energy transition. This business focuses on new fuels, such as biofuels, hydrogen and charging for battery-electric vehicles; and power, including from low-carbon sources such as wind and solar as well as natural gas. We also invest in new business models and digital technology that improve our core business. Around 30 million customers’ everyday are served through Shell’s global network of 44,000 Shell-branded retail stations.
A Proof of Concept remunerated on one of our sites (more than 1500 potential locations, in more than 25 different countries) in order to be commercially deployed if the test is successful.
Potential Fields of interest (not exclusive):
· Field Technologies for site assessment (soil, groundwater, soil gas, indoor air): rapid screening tools, visual representations of technical issues.
· Remediation Technologies: more efficient technologies for hydrocarbon contaminants.
· Smart Land Management Solutions: More integrated and inclusive approaches, moving from soil protection towards soil as a “partner” to meet societal challenges (e.g. energy transition, climate change, brownfield redevelopment, meeting the UN sustainable development goals, reducing of CO2 footprint of remediation activities).
· Data management / GIS Technologies / Software: new CAD / GIS software to optimize data assessments, data evaluation and long-term storage; ability to digitising technical data.
· Remote sensing or remote monitoring technologies: Techniques and systems to reduce exposure hours (travel to and from sites), number and frequency of soil and groundwater sampling.
Conditions to apply
· The solution must be ready to test on the field to demonstrate the concept.
· The solution must be easily deployed in different countries across the world or at least in a region (Europe, America, Asia, etc.) if the test is conclusive.
9th October: Application deadline
25th October: Prequalified Announcement
Early November: Pitch Session